So I sent a laptop trade in valued at $177 to Bestbuy aka Dealtree. Once they have it the scam is they claim it has no value and your choice is pay them to send it back or let them recycle it. 99% give up because of the low $ involved and they walk off with pure profit. Pretty disgusting business model. Anyway, I did it because I thought I was dealing with Bestbuy. Yes, Dealtree is a subsidary of Bestbuy BUT I just got off the phone with Bestbuy corporate and they wash their hands of anything Dealtree does.

I'm still floored that Bestbuy takes no responsibility for their own subsidary, but you've been warned. Everything says you're dealing with Bestbuy but you're really dealing with a scam front operation called Dealtree.

Comments

Cowboom/Dealtree is the worst.Their customer service is a joke.

It takes for ever to get an answer from them, and when they DO respond, it's to tell you that there's nothing they can do about an issue.I hate this company.

#190476

Yes Dealtree's Customer Service in Irvine/Chino California is the worst customer service in existence.....If you want to be told lies, treated like you are a bother to them, and want to believe that they actually do test the items they RESELL from Best Buy Returns -- Then more power to ya!!

They are nothing like the Best Buy model when it comes to customer service and you would think that they would have been corrected by BB corp office in Minn. now that they are a subsidiary..... Maybe right now, BB feels like DT is a stepchild and doesn't want to be bothered with them... I know if I was a BB Corp Exec...

I would have fired every single one of the cust. serv. reps in California -- But, until enough people have had of enough of the lies, the BS they tell you about the reasons why -- YOU -- are having problems with them, the product, lack of service, their HORRIBLE checkout portal, etc, etc... Those idiots in California will continue on acting unprofessional and dealing in unethical ways...

IT's a shame that they are the first connect to the company -- because the folks out at the Dealtree Warehouse in Flower Mound Texas... Do circles around the (makes me laugh everytime I call them this) customer service (yeah, service... whatever) dept for Dealtree and honestly should be the ones operating the customer service dept for the company... I agree with Blue above -- Best Buy owns these monkeys but they haven't put a cage on them yet -- so they are doing as they please, taking money in, sending unchecked, damaged (50/50 chance if the item is really what the listing says it is or even the pictures for that matter)items to you in return.....

Good Luck -- and good riddance to Dealtree!!- ME