In November, 2016, I decided to trade-in two video games with quoted value of $40 each (total $80).The condition to qualify for the trade-in value was for Dealtree to received the items within 14 days.

I mailed the items and the tracking numbered showed that the package containing the two video games were received by Dealtree within the 14 days (approx. 7 days). However, when I checked the status of the trade-in a few days later, it was still showing "waiting to receive." I checked about a week later, still no update on the status, however, I noticed that the value of the trade-in was now going for $11 to $15 each. To make the long story short...two days after my 14 day deadline ended (or approximately 9 days after they received my trade-ins) they finally processed the trade-in, indicating that the items were received after 14 days and will be paid $15 each.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Dealtree was waiting to update my status after the 14 days to cancel the prior agreed value for the video games an set the trade-in value at the newer amount, which is now significantly lower.Hmmm, I wonder whether Dealtree would have paid me at a higher price , if the value had increased after I mailed the item.

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Dealtree. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dealtree.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Auctions and Internet Stores category for more informed decision or compare Dealtree to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Dealtree?

Comments